Tuesday, July 27, 2010

JSTDT - Explaining Christ's Love

Jaina asked the BIG question this evening..."Why did Christ died for us?"

I have always been telling myself that when my children ask me questions, I should try to answer them plainly and not make up stories just to "handle" that moment. Because I know these little white lies will come back and bite us back in the behind some day.

So to answer her, I simply said that because Christ love us so much, he is willing to die for us. Even though He did nothing wrong, He died on our behalf.

Jaina thought for a while and asked, "But why Jesus do nothing wrong but still died?"

I figured she doesn't quite understand the idea of taking the pain for someone else behalf yet.

So I decided to give her a context that she would understand.

I started, "Ok, if someone wants to hit mei mei and you are there. What will you do?"

I wanted Jaina to say something to the extend of taking the blow for mei mei so I can help her see Christ's action of love.

But Jaina quickly said, "I know! I will stop that boy!"

I was NOT expecting that!

I tried again, "What if mei mei was walking on this hard road without shoes? Won't you give mei mei your shoes?"

Jaina: "No? I go get her shoes lah!"

I rolled my eyes...6.47pm is too exhausting an hour and coupled with bad traffic, I ran out of examples to explain the depth of Christ's love to her...I gave up!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: