Tuesday, March 03, 2009

JSTDT – Well Travelled

You know how as parents, you preach good things to your children in the form of half-truths so that they will believe you?

So anyway, Jaina was fussing in the car and I wanted to distract her. So I noticed an old man pushing a hugh pile of carton boxes across the road and pointed it out to Jaina. I told her that the old man was having a hard time pushing the cart because he didn’t eat enough vegetables.

Jaina didn’t looked very convinced so I pushed my theory some more. I said that if Jaina had eaten more veges than she will be strong enough to do many things. Like how Jaina had helped pushed her Tai-ma’s wheelchair the other time we were on vacation.

Jaina was thoughtful and soon launched into her own world of rationale.

Jaina: Jaina eat ALL (which is a lie) her vegetables so Jaina has the strength to push Tai-ma.

Mummy: Yes dear, that’s why you need to eat all your vegetables.

Jaina (on auto mode already): Jaina eat vegetable so Jaina can push Tai-ma to many place…

Mummy: Uh huh…

Jaina: …to Malaysia… to Batam…

Mummy at this point gave Daddy a side-glance. Feeling very impressed that Jaina can list countries.

Jaina: (pause) … Malaysia… Bedok… Malaysia…

Mummy bursted out laughing as I realised she ran out of places!!! But not bad lah, for a 3 year old, she is indeed well travelled. Malaysia, Batam and not forgetting Bedok!! Perhaps this is because I’ve often told her that Bedok is very far away.

No comments: