Tuesday, November 17, 2009

JSTDT - The Importance of TV

I'm a terrible parent.

Most (if not all) parenting books will tell you not to let your child watch too much TV as too much is not good for them. Jaina doesn't REALLY watch a lot of TV but enough to be ranked as one of her favourite pastimes.

So we tried to teach her basic TV social skills, which is not to ask for her Disney Playhouse channel whenever any TV is turned on. We thought that she was doing quite well in this area until my father-in-law (FIL) related this incident to us.

Jaina walked into the bedroom and my FIL was watching his usual golf show. She climbed onto the bed and watched a little of the golf show with him. Then she turned to him and said in a teacher-like tone,"Ye ye. I know your TV show is important. But MY TV show is MORE important you know? You change to my show ok?"

My FIL couldn't stop laughing and OF COURSE, gave in to her.

And we wonder why Jaina LOVES going to stay over with my in-laws.... *sigh*

No comments: