Thursday, May 25, 2006

Jaina's Maiden Swim


Wanted to bring Jaina to swim at my dad's condo after last Sunday Mass and we woke up to a beautiful morning...

Having said that, bringing a kid to Mass means that we have to wake up even earlier just to be ready and on time for the Lord. So that is to say we had no time to admire the beautiful morning God made for us...hee...

Thus, our weekly Sunday ritual begins with a mad dash to the loo before Jaina fuses. Followed by either a feeding or a bath time, depending on the time. If it's too early, can't bathe. “Later got wind,” says my grandma. Then another mad scramble to put ourselves in order so that we don't look like crap going to church when our precious one is so nicely put together by my grandma. Hee...

After church usually means lazing at home, more like hubby lazing and me packing my never-done-packing home. And then it rained!!!!!

Last Sunday was a little different as I wanted to bring Jaina swimming in her NEW bikini!! When I bought it, I chose this colour that really resembled one that I own. This way, we can be the matching-mother-and-daughter icon in the pool. Haha...

You see...my grand lofty idea was to go swimming earlier so as to catch some sun. But by the time we are done leaving the house, it was late afternoon. And by the time we reached my dad's place, changed to hit the waters, it was closer to evening. Thus, it was fair to say that the water was not warm. Still, with so much preparation into making this swimming event possible thus far, I was determined to make her touch the water!! Even if it was going to last one good minute!!

My darling little mermaid had this perpetual look of shock when I lowered her into the cold water as she had been so accustomed to bathing in nice warm water all this while. Her already big eyes grew even wider as I lowered her all the way till her chest. Hee... At least my brave little mermaid didn't cry her lungs out, so the 3 swimming coaches nearby did not cast looks of distain in my direction.

I must say our first maiden swim went pretty well!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both the baby and mother look gorgeous! :)

Mummy's boobies are significantly bigger lah. Don't know why you bother covering baby's. I would have just thrown her naked into the pool. Tis not often that she will get to skinny-dip in Singapore, you know. :) 

Posted by lovebell

dopcombo said...

Cos it's PJ and she is the queen of "GEI YAN" ?! :P

Anonymous said...

finally!! a new post.. :)

and look at that picture of contentment.. :)

o ya.. i got you a moo moo for your car.. you know.. those plastic thingy you stick on the window.. yah.. think mobil or shell giving them out.. umm.. but tis not blue.. sorry..

Princess J said...

Oh!! Thank you thank you for the moo moo car decal!!! Pity not blue but will focus daily on turning it blue with my mind...(just watched X-men)