Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Take Off Your Top

Since my speedy delivery to my little-r princess Jaina, I have heard the instruction "Take off your top" so often that I no longer ponder who the person asking is, where I am, why am I taking off my clothes for strangers. I just do it. Really! After you give birth, your need to protect your boobs, for fear that other strange people see and then take photos and then circular all over the internet, just goes out off the window.

In fact, today I went to see my boobs-doctor and she just told me to lose the top and I did just that at the drop of the hat. And the fact that she had this other patient (female too lah) did not make me think twice. So there we were, two perfect strangers, topless - with boobs hanging out there and chatted like old friends about our babies... Incredulous!! I think that happened because both of us were topless, it's liberating like that. Somehow, losing our tops is liken to losing our inhibitions. Interesting how God made women this way.

I wonder if men feel the same way in the same room in a sperm bank...

4 comments:

Ellipsis said...

i don't think it works that way for men. :)

if ever it does, and i find a weirdo who makes a deposit in my presence, i'd be very very worried...

Lovebell said...

WAH!!! PJ! Ur literary skills have improved since pregnancy and delivery leh. My goodness. I could not spot any glaring mistake at all in your writing and the entire post was well-structured and developed.

Mayhaps it's time I print out this post and forward it to my HoD so that we can reconsider getting you back as a English teacher. :)

So are you going topless from now on? hiak hiak

dopcombo said...

Hmm, perhaps MS word has really improved its spell check functions... :P

Either that or the hormones must have done something to her writing abilities. Hehehe.

Anonymous said...

no... she has a lot more time on her hands now...